Monday, December 7, 2009

Grot The Third!


All good things come to an end, especially when they're Dell power supplies. I guess then, that the word "good" really doesn't apply. Ok. Let me start this over.

All things come to an end, especially when Dell manufactures them. The Grotbox's power supply fan ingested some sort of small mammal or bit of "case fur" and met its end. Being a Dell, it had a proprietary power supply that I couldn't replace without spending money. Fortunately, I am a resourceful techfae, so I replaced the ailing Dell machine with (here's the fantastically clever part) another ailing Dell machine. It's got a power supply that is nonstandard, and yet refreshingly incompatible with Grot The Second's mainboard.

Screwy, ain't it?

Anyhow, the copious waste heat from the Pentium 4 provides an ideal microclimate for jade plants and freezing faeries alike.

Until it blows up again. Don't fret, though - I've got a pile of Dell machines to burn through.

No comments:

Post a Comment